[Speaking to an icon of Christ.] "And," I say after a minute, "it is enough. It actually is. If this is all I ever have, this glimmer of knowledge that you were born in a manger, that really will sustain me. But," I add, "I really hope it doesn't have to sustain me." I really don't want it to be just me and the icons for all these Christmases forever.
-- Lauren F. Winner, Girl Meets God
- my loud, wonderful close friends, like brother and sister, who picked me up off the floor and told me to walk
- the unexpected arrival of friends far away
- the gift of words, in which I learned to fall into once more
- a best friend like a brother and all that follows from that
- being able to do laundry, over which I nearly cried with relief
the safe return of Paige Haas to her family as of the present, Paige had been seen but still has not been reunited with her family, who continue to seek her and we pray for her safety
- we understand that Paige is now safe with her family
- a thesis director who believed in me, who had enough faith to say, "try"
Posts, websites, trinkets, and the Internet week in review revue: (after the jump)
- Rachel Held Evans discusses views of Scripture and queries the fascinating thought, Did the New Testament authors know they were writing scripture?
- Sarah Bessey is, I have said, an exceptional writer. What's more is that she is an exceptional and thoughtful writer regardless of topic. Put a pin in that: In which I wonder about Pinterest
- The places we have been are written into our very bones, have become part of our being, and Anna Blanch gives us a few thoughts as to how and what that means. Written In My Bones
- Are war movies the secular response to the passion play? Mason provides a fascinating introduction into thinking critically about modern engagement with the violent. of Passion Plays and War Movies.
- and because I rejoice that she's writing and understand what she means about painting, Amy with Emerging